i fucking hate tumblr so much seriously
you guys are always like “i want equality!” except gay people are better than straight people and women are better than men and poc are better than white people and trans people are better than cis people
if you claim you want equality, but put someone down because they’re privileged, that doesn’t make you an advocate for equality, it makes you an asshole
1. Do not kill yourself. Killing yourself is very messy and your mother will cry over you. It is not beautiful or brave, and even if it was, you will not be around to see that.
2. Washing your hair is going to be a chore. But you should do it anyway. Because you will feel better about yourself.
3. Get up late. Have a lay in. Sleep past your alarm. You have a very long life ahead of you and for now you should appreciate the cold side of your pillow.
4. He is going to break your heart but he’s just another male human who finds it hard to deal with Mondays, too. So in a month you’ll wake up and you won’t even remember that little scar on his knuckle you kissed.
5. Don’t spend hours looking up what your name means on google. Your name is your name and you should go out there and do heroic and good deeds and give your name your own meaning.
6. Don’t fight your demons. Your demons are here to teach you lessons. Sit down with your demons and have a drink and a chat and learn their names and talk about the burns on their fingers and scratches on their ankles. Some of them are very nice.
7. Music is good for your soul. Rap music will energise you and boost your ego and pop music will cheer you up. Indie music will make you think and emotional songs will make you cry and think about that boy again. It’s healthy.
8. Victim complexes are not attractive. Boys and girls will not date you because you are sad. They are not going to date you and kiss your aching bones and cure you of your dragging depression. Wake up. Take a bath. Do your hair. Be attractive.
9. Sadness is not poetic. Depression is not beautiful. Laying in bed all day and eating too much is lazy and disgusting and it is not tragic or pretty. Get up. Go outside. Let the sun warm your bones. Live.
10. If it makes you happy, buy twenty of it. Dedicate your life to it. Print it on tv shirts and collect things and draw art of it. Do not care what people think. They are the unhappy people you need to avoid. The abuse they will hurl at you is painless compared to how sad they are. Pity them. Remain happy.
11. You are allowed to be angry. But the world is not working against you. The flowers do not bloom for you and when your mother shouts ask her if she is okay instead of thinking she hates you. She never will. The world walks beside you and is silent. It does not trip you up or carry you.
12. Day and night cycles are natural. Humans only sleep at night because we used to avoid predators in the dark because of our poor eyesight. Stay awake until 5am watching bad reality shows. Wake up at 7pm and have breakfast.
13. Eat when you are hungry. Being bored does not constitute a chocolate bar. Sleep with you are tired. Do not mindlessly obey the sleep at night rule. If you are not tired, do not sleep.— Unknown (via perfect)
how do people write fanfiction for characters they don’t understand inside and out? i can’t successfully write a character unless i feel i can successfully recreate every aspect of them and do them justice and know what they would do in a particular situation
That is what is known as OOC fanfiction (or Mary sueing.)
It is sad that the Harry Potter movies turned Hermione into a perfect, blameless creature when in reality she constantly nagged people, couldn’t handle not being the best at everything and gave Ron as much shit as Ron gave her. This is what makes her so great as a character. I hate that they left it out.
It makes me sad that the movies turned Snape into a smooth, handsome man who was wrong done by everybody and was entirely blameless when in reality he was a greasy haired, unattractive, twitchy, incredibly nasty man who brought all of his own misfortune on himself and had to work to redeem himself. This is what makes him so interesting as a character.
It makes me sad that the movies turned Ron Weasley into a piece of shit, and Ginny into a complete nonentity when in reality he wasn’t, and neither was she.
Harry called Malfoy “Draco”?!
I was watching Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone and during the scene where they had to venture into the dark forest,
Harry called Malfoy “Draco”!!!! *squees*
Even though he was yelling him “Malfoy” when he took Neville’s remembrall, don’t you think it’s… well, strange?
Has anybody else noticed it, or is it just me? *wiggles eyebrows*
No because that’s his name. It would only be strange if Harry had called him Charles.
It’s called Klovis was an idiot. But calling Draco Charles or Charlie or anything else would be silly.
Your friend is incredibly lucky to have you.
Quoting her from earlier:
Just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate you spending the day with me and helping me get to the place I’m in right now…..living life and happy! Thank you for being one of my best friends and never judging. I love you!!! I couldn’t have accomplished this without you!
I didn’t do it for accolades or glory - far from it. It was literally just getting her to live once again. And right now? It’s more precious than platinum to me. (but platinum is nice, don’t get me wrong.)
So about today….
Personal stuff below the read more break…